$6.50 – $32.75
Now grown in the U.S, black barley is a whole grain that has been prized for generations in Ethiopia. The unique kernel has robust flavor, chewy texture and glossy purple-mahogany appearance. Use it to add panache to soups, stuffing, salads and pilaf.
Checkout these great recipe ideas:
Black Barley with Roasted Peppers, Kale and Feta Print
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth, or water
- 1 cup Zursun black barley
- 1/2 cup diced jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup finely chopped kale leaves
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- Rinse barley under cold running water until water is clear. In medium saucepan bring broth or water to a boil. Stir in barley. Cook, covered, over low heat, until water is absorbed and barley is tender, 35-45 minutes. Do not remove lid or stir while barley is cooking. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in roasted peppers and kale. Top with crumbled feta.