$5.00 – $25.00
Used in Italian, Spanish and Portuguese cuisine, Cranberry beans are plump and pale pink with maroon markings. They have an appealing sweet mild flavor and are a hearty addition to soup, salads, pasta dishes, and casseroles.
Checkout these great recipe ideas:
Italian Rice Salad with Cranberry Beans Print
- 3/4 cup dried cranberry beans
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup minced onion, sautéed in olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sort beans and soak overnight in bowl using 3 times as much water as beans. Rinse beans with cold water and place in heavy saucepan, cover with two inches of water and bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until tender, about 45 minutes. Prepare rice according to directions on package. Turn rice out into large bowl to cool, gently breaking up any lumps. Add onions, lemon juice, capers, tomatoes, parsley, beans, olive oil, salt and pepper, and gently toss.