French Green Lentil
$6.75 – $34.00
Robust, earthy flavor and beautiful deep fall-green color make French green lentils – also known as lentilles du Puy – one of the world’s finest legumes. Use in soups, salads and side dishes; try French lentils roasted in the oven, rather than watching a pot on the stovetop.
Checkout these great recipe ideas:
Roasted French Green Lentils Print
- 1½ cup French green lentils
- 3 small beets, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 shallots, peeled and halved
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Sort and rinse lentils in cool water and drain. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In medium roasting pan, place beets, carrots, shallots and 3 tbsp. olive oil. Coat vegetables evenly with oil. Add thyme, salt and pepper and cook in oven until vegetables begin to brown, about 20 minutes.
- Add lentils, 3 cups of water, stir, then cover pan with foil. Cook until lentils are tender and all water is absorbed, about 1 hour. Remove pan from oven, and dress lentils with vinegar and remaining oil. Cool slightly and stir in chopped parsley. Adjust salt and pepper and serve.