Tongues of Fire
$7.75 – $39.50
With a fresh flavor and absorbent nature- use for Brazilian seafood stew with onions, peppers, tomatoes, and coconut milk.
Checkout these great recipe ideas:
Tongues of Fire Beans with Tomato-Basil Pesto Print
- 1 cup dried Tongues of Fire beans
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1-1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- Sort beans and soak overnight in bowl using 3 times as much water as beans. The next morning rinse beans with cold water. Put beans in heavy saucepan, cover with two inches of water and bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until tender (35-45 minutes). Drain beans.
- To prepare pesto: Mash garlic and 1/2 tsp. salt in a bowl with back of wooden spoon until smooth. Chop basil in food processor and gradually add the oil to make a coarse puree. Add garlic, cheese and tomato paste and blend until quickly combined. Taste and add salt, if necessary. Top each serving of beans with pesto and add a side of fresh steamed grains, if desired.