- Sort and rinse lentils with cool water and drain. In large soup pot, heat olive oil on medium heat and sauté onions, garlic, celery and carrots, salt, pepper and thyme for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and lentils. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for one hour, until lentils are cooked through and tender. Add tomato paste 15 minutes before lentils are finished cooking. Stir in wine vinegar before serving.
- 1 cup Spanish Pardina lentils
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves or 1 tsp. dried
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. red wine or sherry vinegar