$5.25 – $26.00
Orca beans, named after black and white killer whales, are as lovely as they are tasty. Piquant seasonings, such as chili, red pepper and cumin complement Ocra’s mild flavor and creamy texture. Use in soups and stews or serve as a side dish.
Checkout these great recipe ideas:
Orca Beans with Spicy Tomato Salsa Print
- 1 cup dried Orca beans
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large red tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, including half the greens, thinly sliced
- jalapeno chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- salt to taste
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sort beans and soak overnight in bowl using 3 times as much water as beans. The next morning rinse beans thoroughly with cool water. Put drained beans in saucepan, cover with two inches of fresh water and bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until tender (35-45 minutes). Drain beans, place in serving bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
- To prepare salsa: In bowl, combine tomatoes, onions, chili, garlic, salt and lemon juice. Top beans with salsa and garnish with cilantro. Serve with corn chips, if desired.