- Sort beans and soak overnight in bowl using 3 times as much water as beans. The next morning rinse beans with cold water and drain.
- In soup pot, add beans, fresh water, onion, garlic and oregano. Bring to boil, lower heat to simmer and cook (partially cover pot with lid) until the beans are tender, about 1 hour. Add salt and pepper and serve beans with broth and choice of garnishes.
- 1 cup dried Dapple Grey beans
- 4 cups water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp. dried Mexican oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: sliced green onion, chopped jalapeno chili peppers, chopped cilantro, chopped cooked bacon, sour cream, tortilla chips