- Sort beans and soak overnight in bowl using 3 times as much water as beans. The next morning rinse beans with cold water. Put beans in heavy saucepan, cover with two inches of water and bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until tender (35 to 45 minutes).
- In bowl, combine drained cooked beans with onion and herbs and mix gently. Drizzle beans with oil, vinegar and season with salt and pepper, and toss lightly using two large spoons. Serve at room temperature or chilled on a bed of salad greens.
- 1 cup dried pink beans
- ½ mild onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh herbs of choice: flat-leaf parsley, thyme, basil, or chives
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- fresh salad greens