- Sort beans and soak overnight in bowl using 3 times as much water as beans. After soaking, rinse beans thoroughly with cold water. In pot, combine soaked drained beans with 6 cups fresh water. Bring to slow boil, reduce heat and simmer, leaving lid slightly ajar, until beans are tender (about 1½ hours). Add more water if necessary, the beans absorb a lot of water. Turn off heat, drain excess liquid and set aside.
- In small fry pan, heat butter. Add garlic and cook until garlic is soft, but not brown. Add contents of fry pan to pot of beans and stir to mix. Add parsley, salt, pepper and gently stir once more.
- 1 cup dried Scarlet Runner beans
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- salt and black pepper to taste